Tuesday, October 8, 2013

La Pomodori Ristorante Florence Oregon: A Review

ImageTuesday, October 8, 2013

A Review: La Pomodori Ristorante in Florence, Oregon

A Review
By Steven Masone



Normally I do not review Italian restaurants. The reason being I 
have owned one and was trained by the five star chef we imported
 from Italy. So even in San Francisco, I have been disappointed more 
often than not. So  I took a leap of faith having lunch at 
La Pomodori Ristorante in Florence Oregon and was 
pleasantly surprised.  I ordered the 'Sweet Chile Pesce'..
.  Pacific Snapper encrusted with panko breading, 
finished with a sweet chile bruschetta over linguini.  

The restaurant is small and intimate with a clean minimalist
decor and no pretentious Italian art or the usual overdone 
attempts at trying to create a "little Italy." 




I ordered the salad instead of soup, which was european greens ,
 tomatoes, red onions and a great raspberry vinaigrette. 
(I saved half for desert!)   

The snapper was better than I had hoped for as I had tried another recommended spot in Florence 
and their version was very disappointing. The flavor was excellent! The sweet & spicy chile did not 
overpower the fish and the breading was perfect. Large slivers of fresh shaved Parmesan with the 
garlic and other spices made a great marriage. The linguine was done to my liking
 (medium-well al dente) and at $11 I was pleased to make dinner reservations so
 I can bring our readers an in-depth review on their traditional Veal and Pasta 
dishes, and their Cioppino. So far, it looks like I have found a first class Italian Ristorante in Florence, Oregon.

   La Pomodori Ristorante website  http://www.lapomodori.com/4601.html
- See more at: http://www.deltanewsandreview.com/2013/10/a-review-la-pomodori-ristorante-in.html#sthash.tA85mNvQ.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment